Saturday, November 3, 2012

Packed to the future

“Packed to the Future” 

By: Aldwin M. Ayao (July 2010)

 A lot of people (maybe almost everyone) who knows me don’t understand what I’m doing with my life. Most thought that I’m getting miserable and out of control with regards to my future. What they don’t understand is the way I see the Future

The way we see the future is how we react and what makes us move the way we do; the reason behind our every decision, priorities, and principles in living. It is much larger than Hope, because hope still holds uncertainty behind our mind. We unconsciously meant hope as “wish” or a kind of “personal prayer” which we don’t usually, rather actually, believed 100% to materialize soon.  

VISION is different. It’s how we see the future from our subconscious mind. It flows in us, and shows us what it was like to be there soon. Vision is like a Rocket on a “Locked mode”. It’s what makes it [rocket] fly in all directions. It doesn’t “hope” to hit the target, but it will fly to meet the target. Vision and purpose I would say is relevant. Once you have the vision, you’ll have your purpose. I would further explain my own personal vision to give some perspective view on what I’m saying. 

 Two years ago, I made a vision of how the animation industry should be on the future. So, I made a decision. “I shall make a change.” It is not a hope or an ambition; but a decision. Months later, contradictions pour in. obstacles hinder yet I cope hardly, until I was metaphorically and literally “pulled by Gravity. That incident gave me enough time to pause for awhile, and think logically of what I’ve done and makes me realized everything I left behind. It gives me a clearer view of the future. Then, I return to my journey, keeping "still" along my path, while those I came to pass through, throws “ Bad reviews”, some “booed” at me, and others pretend to go with me, but later on shows their true intentions and use my “halo” to pull me down once again. Yet I kept my sight focused on my direction. I said, “I’ll get there, no matter how it would be; walking, running, I’ll crawl if I had to.” 

 Along with those struggles, is a heart bleeding. Not with helplessness but with mercy and pity with those who got involved on my passion. My Family. My wife specially, does not appreciate or even discriminate me for what I am doing. 

What people don’t understand is that I never chose to serve “two masters” at the same time. I never value money. If I do, I may have a lot of it now, as I have the power to have it on my position as an Operation Manager of my former Studio. A lot of offers on Job, business proposals and career abroad had been brought to me. Yet, I stay focused on my vision. If I would work for money, I’d rather stay jobless. 

My Lord and my “Master” proved to me that he’ll never forsake me nor leave me. So long as I stay to serve His name more than anything else [Mat. 6:25-33, Rom. 8:38]. I have experienced that! He provides. Perhaps, if I chose money over my vision: would my children value it or appreciate every cent of it soon? For awhile maybe. But later as it diminishes along with time, so as my name and dignity as a father. What I see, my vision; is my advocacy. My epitaph I carry to the future. And that is priceless and worthwhile than any priced possession. 

I remember a phrase of how we work for money and why we value it:

 “I take the ditch
 To get some money
To buy some food
 To get the strength
To take the ditch.” 

 See? It’s a cycle! And some [maybe most] are comfortable with that. I am not.
How can we break the cycle? Simple, change the purpose somewhere there… 

Why do you have to take the ditch? 
Why do you need to get some money? 
Why do you need to buy some food? 
Where do you get your strength? 

Once you have a different purpose, you’ll have a different answer, and you’ll have a different future.

Then the Lord told me: 
"I will give you my message in the form of a VISION. Write it clearly enough to be read at a glance. At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the FUTURE. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting -- it will happen!". 
(Habakkuk 2:2-3)CEV *emphasis mine.

No comments: