Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"PAUSED"

Practice the PAUSE:

When in DOUBT, pause;
When ANGRY, pause;
When TIRED, pause;
When STRESSED, pause;
Because by pausing, we…
Breathe deeper,
Clear the mind,
Take a view in different perspective,
Smile,
Contemplate.
Even your HEART needs rest.


This was sent to me thru SMS. I never knew who sent this, yet it has a remarkable sense of timing on my behalf. So, I guess the sender knows me well.

Shackled by solitude, as I simmer the latest provisions of my life; I paused awhile. Gathered all the emotions and thoughts to seemingly pry the reasons and causes of what I’ve gone through. Cornered by a statement that this happens for a purpose, I lost somehow, with any profound explanation of what it could be. Transverse upon a vocation or a punishment, the mystery and the misery of my afflictions was construed upon the verses of the book of Job. I spent days groping the meaning and somehow finds comforts that I just needed a “pause”.

Yes. Maybe God, somehow just given me a pause. I am practically a very busy person, always cramming with time and effort, to fill each day with unpublished heroism driven by my hope that I could change the discrepancies of the present. I lost track of time. Thinking I have spent it wisely and effectively, because I am always full of things-to-do, but I never noticed that I am actually wasting my efforts, with unaccustomed “deceit of profile standards”. Truly time can neither be saved nor wasted. You can only spend it wisely, otherwise let it consumed itself. We cannot redeem time. Yet, we can redeem our lost/wasted self by mesmerizing and contemplating, refining our sanctum for a renewed purpose. I needed a pause. To understand fully what the past is teaching me. I needed a pause. To scrutinize each character that came in contact with my bygone. Like a self imposed “imaginary quarantine”. I needed a pause. So I can induce some revisions on my habits. I needed a pause. To begin, to rest, to assure, to examine, to restore, to end and to start all over again. Pause.


The TWILIGHT

All the light that shines outdoor;
Smoothly runs away from the shore.
The golden sky that I adore;
Had sank and gone on oceans floor.
Just a few time of masterpiece;
This gives me joy and untold peace.
Just like the sweetness of a kiss;
Few time to spend, but long to miss.

And now that all the sorrow’s gone;
After some tiring day at Sun,
It’s time for peace, so take a rest.
Come on my friend, hush on our nest.
Tomorrow would be another day;
Tonight is just the time to pray.
That may we can make it each day;
Without any sorrow or debts to pay.

Pause awhile…

No comments: