Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All Insanes' Day

"All Insanes’ Day"


Gladly I am here now poking my fingers on the keyboard, as I practice the biblical system of typing, “seek and you shall find”. There are truly some wonderful reasons to be thankful about; First and foremost, that I am still here celebrating “All Saints’ Day”, and not being celebrated or being remembered. Where I believed, I should be.

What is really an All Saints Day? It is a common misconception, that it is being celebrated as the Souls’ Day. Practically, I found it difficult to understand the reasons to celebrate “Death”. When I was a kid, often I was brought to North Cemetery by my mom to visit and celebrate some kind of reunion at my grandmothers’ tomb. I wonder why they were preparing foods that are usually found during special occasions. As if they were celebrating the loss of my Grandmother. I grew never minding the reasons for this event. Well, has anyone on my era has ever thought about it? Someone told me that, it is not a celebration but rather remembering the dead for once in a year. Whatever the reason, it is a misnomer I consider.

Death is inevitable, as Time and Change. Yet it is an inconsiderable fact to accept for many. Not all of us are prepared to die. Some find it a creepy topic, frightening, and sad but true. Neither have I had the courage to say I’m ready to die. I mean, I’ll be ready but, not as soon as now. Being a Christian I learned that death should not be treated as an enemy, but rather a friend who will bring you to where you’re supposed to belong. I know and I strongly believe in heaven where my Lord prepares a great mansion for me. That way, it feels kind of exciting to meet Death isn’t it? Might as well, it will bring me to an eternity of comfort, peace and untold joy. Having all my afflictions recently, I would love to meet and greet Death along with its’ promises. But somehow, I began to realize, that it would be a selfish act to say or wish for that as soon as now. It’s like getting away from a “warzone”, and waiting safely in a hideaway, considering that you will be honored and celebrated along with all those who fight, as soon as the war is over. I feel I haven’t fulfilled my purpose yet in this world. I was just beginning. That’s why; I wouldn’t want to meet Death as of the moment. But by the Lords’ will, I will abide.

Bringing back the topic; November 1 is All Saints’ Day, while November 2 is All Souls’ Day, pardon me but, I didn’t see the difference. Both were celebrated as Souls’ Day. Where’s the day of the Saints? Does it mean that all the dead were considered as saints? It’s insane. Such a strong word maybe, but, for me it’s an “All Insanes’ Day”. Saints according to Bible concordance; is Christians; people whom God has made holy. A saint can be either a Christian who is alive on earth or one who is already in heaven (Eph. 1:1). Now, how come only the dead have been celebrated? Or are all the dead holy? Where’s the celebration of the saints? In honor of all the saints, I appeal. That I guess is the issue with our traditions. Most are insane act (Mat. 15:3). This is not a big issue I agree, yet considerably wrong. I wouldn’t say much about this; lest, I’d be called antagonist by the Catholic Church. Let’s just see again for my next topic “Time and Change”. 

1 comment:

innerspace said...

Have you researched the origin of All Saints/Soul's Day/Halloween? You may be surprised but its origin is pagan. And pagan means it's NOT CHRISTIAN. It's a long explanation probably i will have to post it on my blog, one of these days. It's a Druid's celebration/festival of the dead.Samhain was said to release the spirits of the dead to mingle with the living. Druids roamed the streets with lanterns, and on coming to a house,they demanded money (trick or treat) as an offering for Satan. Shocking huh? I will just post it in my next blog and you can just check it out.