Friday, November 14, 2008


"CLIFFHANGERS"


It's almost five months since I began to think of something for my future. I was so particular then of what to do, and why should I have to do such act. The how and when has never came across to my mind, for I thought it has to be NOW.

I dream. I dreamed of changing the reality that's eating the norm of an artist in my industry, animation. This may be a great act, thus, it will entail great courage to make it happen. I gather information, I assessed everything from which is existed to existing. Most of all I gather encouragement. I began to feel the necessity of my dream, as i came across to every artist who are willing to commit their effort, for they themselves also feel the need for change. Until came August 8, the start of my passion for change. I was so sure about my attempt to be successful.

Every endeavour has its risk, stories and critics. As for me, I never give an ear to any of those. Everytime I make a decision on something that I pursue, I stand firm. People are people. There are those who dream, and there are those who cling to somebody's dream. I say those who cling are just "clingers", not "cliffhangers". Cliffhangers are those who are willing to take risks, and have never fear failure. Clingers are those who slowly stepping out along the way, when they smell of failure. I know some will say that it's not wise to continue something when you are pretty much sure of falling down. I say, It's most unwise to leave it when you're sure of falling down. It's much wiser to do something to avoid it from falling down. I don't surrender easily. I don't accept failure, but I acknowledge it. Skeptics are the person who thinks they are wise enough to avoid uncertainty, when they are not certainly sure of what will happen next or in the end. I am not against skepticism, but I am skeptical of being one. Negative thoughts, produces negative feelings, and negative results. I like these saying: "Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny", something like that, am not sure of the whole context. Anyway, I just wanna imply the significance of success to courage.


Courage, is a very useful word. Wikipedia explains it as: "The quality of a confident character not to be afraid or intimidated easily but without being incautious or inconsiderate." I like that meaning, that's exactly what I'm feeling now. There are numerous of successful people who've been keen about being courageous to succeed. "I would never let failure to be my middle name", and as I always say; "Never had I used my "last name"(Ayao) when someone dares me of accomplishing something."

-carpe diem


No comments: